Importing file from drawing program

Thanks for the swift reply, Matthew. I took my drawing file, which consisted of an outline and a solid fill in A.I.9, then exported it as a DWG (no sweat so far). When I imported it into VW9.5, it extruded fine, but there is no fill - just an extruded outline. Next I took an A.I.9 logo, confirmed that all outlines were there, and exported it as .DWG. When I imported that into a new VW file, it seemed as though it was going through all the crunching (creating new layer and classes, etc) but the page is blank! I fished around with the cursor looking for something to select, but nothing seems to be there. Classes and layers were set to 'show/snap others'. Numerous tries with text set in A.I.9 did the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

O.K., take the file that extruded as an outline. We can work with that.

You need to check to see if it made the object as separate lines, a polygon, or a polyline object. To do this, select the object in VectorWorks and look at the top of the shape tab on the object info pallet. (above class and layer)

If it is a group, ungroup it to see what you have. In the case of individual lines and arcs, you will need to select them all and use the "compose curve" command in the tool menu. This will turn them into a polygon or polyline.

Now select that polygon or polyline and make sure the attribute pallet is set to a solid fill.

Matthew GiampapaNemetschek Technical Support