Door Schedule - Negative thickness

Simple version of my question: Is there a way to make attributes of door PIOs show up as only positive numbers in the door schedule? i.e. take the "absolute value" of any negative numbers so that they show up positive.

Why I am asking this: I have a door along a hall/passage with a special hinge, so that when the door is open it will fit into a notched recess in the wall and essentially be flush with the wall. I discovered that I can make this occur visually correct on the floor plan if I give the door a negative thickness value, however then my door schedule shows this negative thickness value. I saw on another thread that "=ABS()" might provide an absolute value, so I tried "=ABS(Door.DoorThickness)" but it did not seem to work on my the schedule

Maybe there is another way to achieve the correct plan appearance without using a negative thickness?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks

OK, now I see where you are going. And maybe you need to do it with the negative door width - counter-intuitive or what?

However, what is the door closing against? Where are the stops? What is the detail at the head of the door?

I still would do it as in my attachment without the negative door width. I guess I am talking about the actual construction though than the CAD question you asked.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23318137/Doors%20in%20Niche.pdf