Layer question

rsa

I'm trying to use VW more the way it seems to be set up to be used...

The way I used to handle floor plans was to only have one floor visible at a time and anything on the floor below that one would see like a deck or exterior stair I'd just copy onto the layer/floor above and change the line weight.

It seems like the intended VW method is to have the layer of the floor below turned on so if something visible on the floor below gets altered you don't have to re-copy it...

This works ok but when I have the window id tags on they show up for the floor below too. (I put the tags to the outside of the plan)

possible solution?

make a design layer viewport for the lower floors but that seems overly complicated.

make a window-spec class for each floor...

I'd be curious to hear how others handle this...

Thanks

yes - but that will mean for every layer you will need to have a DLVP - which does not seem to make sense...

I have always had to do what RSA - which involves redrawing outlines of what is below.

Although the new stair tool in 2011 seems to work on the basis of being able to see through to the floor below...

Would be great if you could control the classes in of each layer in a viewport separately if desired.

Would be great to get some feedback from VW on their intended approach to this.