Stairs showing through levels

Does anyone know how to get the first few steps of a set of stairs to show through the top floor of a building? I have two design layers, one for the top floor, one for the bottom floor, and the stairs is obviously on the bottom floor. However, I want to show the first few steps showing through the top floor and I have no idea how to do it. I'm sorry I don't know if I'm explaining my problem correctly... Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: I'm using VW 2009.

Edited by unicornpower

unicorn,

There is a tick box to show the top riser/tread (or not) of the stairs. Have you got that turned on?

Why do you want to show the first few steps to show "through" the top floor? Do you mean you want to be able to see the first few steps going down when you look at the top floor plan? You can control where the stairs break is going to be for both your lower and top floor in the stairs tool, I think.

You should also create a signature to indicate what system/version of the software you are on, too.

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for your reply. :)

Do you mean you want to be able to see the first few steps going down when you look at the top floor plan?

Yes, that's what I mean, sorry my initial explanation was really unclear!

I've tried your tips but they're still not showing. :/ I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...