Project not printing

I have a project that worked fine up through last Wednesday. Then (because the computer knew a client was on the way to our office) printing and exporting to pdf functions all quit working. I installed SP3, but the problem is still there. I have no way to get my project out of the computer.

I thought perhaps it may be file size related, so I purged the drawing, but that didn't help (and the drawing didn't really get any smaller at 11.7M)

The funny thing is, an earlier version of the file still works correctly, although it is only slightly smaller at 11.6M.

Help! This same client is still waiting on Wednesday's drawings!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Chris

Are you by any chance on a Mac? Did you recently run software update on the Mac to get you to 10.6.7? If so, unfortunately Apple has introduced a nasty bug which changes the way postscript fonts are handled. We are unable to print anything from our Macs at the moment, unless we print from Adobe products bizzarely and we are just waiting on a fix from Apple.

If you're not on Mac... sorry to have come up with the wrong answer.

Interesting, I have a client with the same problem. They can't save or print from PDF or straight out of VW.

I however can. I have All updates (SP3, 10.6.7, and the latest adobe update.

I was thinking it could be printer driver related.

Could you post your computer and printer type?

I ran into this problem shortly after updating to 10.6.7.

I ended up talking to Canon, who had a work around that solved the conflict with their printers.

Unchecking the "Fast Graphic Process" in the printer dialog got everything printing again.

Maybe there's an equivalent option for other printers.

• 3 weeks later...

It turned out my problem wasn't font related, but corrupted viewports (perhaps multiple layers of referencing was to blame.) To find my issue, I created a new drawing and began importing the layers (including objects) into this new drawing one at a time. I imported a layer that caused the new drawing to also crash, so I went back to the old drawing and deleted that layer (the only thing on that layer was viewports I was using to pull reference lines). Old file worked fine again.

Thanks to everyone for their help.