Select all plants with same symbol name or ID

tinar

My plant list quantities for a certain plant are showing differently that what is shown on design layer or at least what I can see.

I'm trying to select all of a similar plant with same plant ID to find the discrepancy but can't seem to figure out how to do this. I've tried "select similar" tool - select with similar symbol name and I get error message.

I seem to remember there is a way to select similar items from a plant report - when I select the row, it shows "select item" greyed out?

Any ideas on how to select just the plants in question?

Thank you,

Tina,

The most common reason you can't use the select item in a worksheet is because the row has been summarised. If you select the primary row (you may need to turn on database headers to see it) in your Plant Report, find the SUM icon on a column and then click and drag it into open space it will disappear and all items for that row should be shown. You should then have the select item ability.

Another option is to use the custom selection under the edit menu. From memory it's a criteria of (field value) ==> (plant record) ==> (plant id) ==> (plant id you're looking for). Just follow the drop downs and it should be self explanatory.

Weird that the select similar isn't working.

Hope that helps.

James

James -

Thank you, that did it.

It turns out one of the plant instances was a qty of 3 (even after un-summing) -- sometimes that happens for some reason, I haven't quite figured out why. It always seems to be qty 3 rather than 1.

Thanks again,

Tina