lost all fixture's attributes...

I was working on a file (in Vwx 2009 for Mac) and all of a sudden, I am unable to see any of the fixtures' attributes in the Object Info window, below the "Rotation" field, starting with the "device type" button, on down. Did I change something by accidentally hitting a different mode?

I opened other files and do not have that problem with other files.

Thx.

All of the info I've already input into the fixture, i.e. circuit name, fixture number channel number, still show up on the drawing, when I turn on the class. But, again, my information, as well as my ability to change said info, is not gone, because it doesn't show up in the "Object Info" palette.

A side note: the hexagon that the channel number used to be wrapped in disappeared at roughly the same time. Dunno if it's related.

Look at the tho top of object info -- is the object type still "Lighting Device" or have you grouped it? If it's a group, just ungroup.

If it is still a Lighting Device, try right-clicking the object and selecting "Properties." This will sometimes force a misbehaving Object Info to refresh.

HTH,

Josh

Just checking -- has the object's type "Group" or something else?

It's possible that you converted the object to a group (as opposed to contained it within a group), in which case the object becomes a grouped set of drawing elements instead of a Lighting Device, but you would have received a dialog if you did this.

Try double clicking on the object and seeing if you enter an edit mode.

-Josh

Double-clicking on fixture gives me the red error message on bottom right of window, "The selected object has no edit behavior."

I also tried to convert a fixture to an instrument, and received the error message (in a pop-up window) "Only symbols can be converted to instruments. Non-symbols were not converted and were selected."

So, somehow all my fixtures have been converted to something other than a symbol, or instrument, that can be edited.

The thing is, I know I never converted anything to the point where I got any type of confirmation of action request.