Exporting to .PDF format

Yes, is the short answer. Here's how I do it (On a Mac): 1) I have a full working version of Acrobat; 2) with the VW document open I select Acrobat PDF Writer as my printer. 3) I go to page set-up and make sure that the correct page size and orientation is selected. 4) I go to print and make sure that the text rotation box is checked in the VW options menu. 5) I print.

This automatically opens the PDF as soon as it's created, so I can see if it looks OK. BEWARE as I have had some strange experiences with my VW documents after creating PDF's from them (eg: page set-up stuck as per Acrobat settings and cannot be changed in VW) so, make a copy of your file first, just in case... PLC Mac G4

I don't know much of anything about widows, but if you go to versiontracker.com and check their windows tab and do a search for "pdf" you will find a few free and shareware tools for generating pdfs. There is probably a ghostscript implementation for windows as well. In general you will need to generate a .ps (postscript) file first using Adobe's postscript printer driver.

Or you can just buy Adobe Acrobat.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by mdilday:
Can I export a drawing to Adobe(.PDF) with VW 9.5?

The typical way to do this is to install a PDF printer driver and print to it. The following page, devoted to a Mac PDF printer driver, lists at the bottom several Windows PDF printer drivers:http://www.jwwalker.com/pages/pdf.htmlThe full version of Adobe Acrobat also has such a driver, I believe.