Vectorworks Weathercock Modelling

Hello Mike

I'll ask one more question.

Vanes-one by one nurbs arc - loft surface = nurbs surface.so far everything is okay.(as in the picture)

I want to unfold object, but gives a warning and I don't understand why the warning.

selected nurbs surface object(vane)-model-3D Power Pack-Unfold Surfaces

WARNING;unable to unfold the selected objects!

:(

Edited by Zeynep

Hi everybody

I have to unfold this,but with vectorworks.Is it impossible,I want to learn it.I am adding a vwx file about weathercock drawing.

I used Loft Surface command each two drawing,I think ,only one problem "TWISTED SURFACE" in the Design Layer 1,because I can use unfold surfaces command to the other object in Design Layer 2

Any idea? :confused:

I tried Bob Wagners unfold tools on it - still seems to work just fine. As it turns out, you cannot unfold a blade into a single flat sheet, as it will self-intersect. You can however unfold strips and weld them together.

Bob Wagners scripts were on Vectorwiki, which seems to have ceased existing... perhaps you can contact him through his profile here?

Unless i fumbled it, you can download the unfolded blade here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxL3Oyph55RRY2VlOTc5YTktNTgyNi00NGJlLWE5MmEtNjM1ZjMxYzU4ZmFm&hl=da&authkey=COKG1p4I

Edited by Kaare Baekgaard