SP3 is out!

Just checked for updates & SP3 is out. Hope it cures my woes, at least some...

Well, I installed SP3 & all is good, I can work in 2011 again!!

I had a file(s) that would lock up, it was so bad I couldn't use it. It did that whole build list, destroy, build for about 20 min. until I quit.

Opened those files & no problems at all.

So far so good :)

Edited by crosetti

I for one can confirm that the following bug has NOT been fixed in SP3:

VB-90023

Keynote Legend reformats itself after a New Callout is added

In short, the Keynote legend text indent value spontaneously changes to an arbitrarily large value when a note is edited.

I have bug submitted the issue... again.

Bob

Bob G.:

I tested the Keynote Legend self reformatting issue in a new 2011 file and an existing 2011 file (where I previously had the problem). I placed keynote callouts in sheet viewports and the keynote legends did not reformat. The problem seems to have been fixed for me after updating to sp3. This is the first thing I checked as soon as I had updated.

Edited by J Lucas

J. Lucas,

Thanks for your note. I again ran the same check, with existing VW 2011 and new VW2011 files. The Keynote Legend spontaneous reformatting problem occurs without fail.

I noticed that you are running windows based VW... perhaps the problem is platform dependent?

Could some one else running Mac-based VW 2011 SP3 check this out?

Bob

Kaare - My NURBS curves direction worked SP2 and continues OK in SP3. It's not perfect. Depending on layer scale or zoom, the arrow could be really small or "reduced" to a dot with trailing line segment. Fat line weight also conceals the arrow.

Or are you referring to some other problem?

My test:

A.

Design layer at 1:1, Line weight = 0.25 mm

NURBS curve w/ 3 points, Zoom to object.

With NURBS curve selected, enable Show Direction.

Result as expected - red arrow located at mid point of curve, pointing toward last point.

Zoom to arrow - arrow appears as red dot at end of red line segment.

Change lineweight to 1.0mm - arrow concealed by line. Zoom reveals the dot.

Dbl click to edit - Arrow concealed by vertex blue square. Zoom to reveal dot/line

B.

Leave NURBS selected.

Edit layer scale to 1:100, line at 0.25mm

Zoom to object

Arrow converted to red dot/line, concealed by fat line

I guess the arrow scales with the layer scale and zoom but reaches a limit. Ideal performance would have arrow scale proportionally, eg always two or three times line thickness as represented in zoom. Something like that.

-B

• Administrator

Jrhartley: if you still have problems updating to VW 2011 SP3 please send the "UpdaterLog.txt (which is in your Vectorworks installation directory)" to tech@vectorworks.net with the last 6 digits of your serial#.

regards,

Juan Almansa

global Support Manager

Nemetschek Vectorworks Inc

Have sent that off. I will look forward to tech support not coming back to me, as per usual.

Interesting, tech support in the UK (one man at Computers Unlimited) is off on holiday for three weeks. I put in a call to them over a week ago, and was told in his absence someone else would call me back. Needless to say they haven't.

What a way to run a business.

If there was more liquidity I would defo be short Nemetshek.

• 1 month later...

I feel your pain Andrew. My earlier posts in this thread not withstanding, I have since learned that VW had fixed it in SP3... sort of.

If you edit the keynote by double clicking the note instance in the Viewport Annotation edit mode then any change to the keynote will no longer cause spontaneous reformatting.

However, if you edit the note via the keynote legend by double clicking on the legend, bad behavior returns.

Why fix one instance of the problem and not the other is frankly beyond me.

OK, back to work.

Bob

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's a joke - it really is. Just read my post of 9 months ago when using VW2011.

The Keynote reformatting issue is STILL an issue.

Why is VW so buggy? It's crazy. If I hadn't invested so heavily in time and money I would have moved on by now.

The only workaround is to double click the Keynote itself (not the legend).

Why can't Nemetschek just fix this?????????