Duplication of data in viewports

We've encountered a problem in VW 2011 where if an object with data is in a viewport on a design layer any numbers in the data are doubled. This doesn't happen if the viewport is on a sheet layer.

I can't think of a reason why I'd want the data to be doubled, but even if there are people out there who'd want that as a feature there really should be an option to include or not include the data in the object info palette.

What do you mean the data is doubled?

Do you mean that VW will find the object 2 times in a worksheet? If yes, then this is normal and desired. Viewports on design layers where 'invented' to use them like symbols in the way you can show multiple times a certain thing you drawed. Think about a room you did the interior of and you have this room 100 times in your appartement building, then you could use a DLVP for it, and thus you need to have all the items in a worksheet.

I at first also thought this was not good, but at second thought, this is really good. You only need another way to define your worksheets.