dimension text disappears in 3D

I can't figure out how to get the dimension text to appear when I dimension in 3D. All that I get is an outline box. If one zooms way out there seems to be text that appears - but it is much too small to be legible.

pls see image

VW2011 Mac 10.5.8

thanks

Garth Norbraten

Toronto Canada

Try changing the fill of the text to none this may help but the quality of the text isn't that great great.

There is a problem with rendering '3D' dimensions in OpenGL especially in viewports, hopefully SP3 will fix this.

When using viewports it is often best to place a viewport directly on top of the rendered one and put the dimensions in that rendered in wireframe, otherwise there are printing issues where the text wont print or export as a PDF.

I've seen this issue when trying 3d dimensions on a file that was converted from VW2010. Try to copy-paste some geometry into a clean VW2011 and see if you can get the 3d dims to work.

Also - If I remember it doesn't work in perspective consistently.

Hallo Garth,

I think the easiest way to get the 3d Dim's is

the "duplicate Viewports method" as it is described in several Threads and also

here.

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=30412&Number=149252#Post149252

Then you have the dim's and the Text in a WIreframe Viewport and it is not rendered and pixeled. Below that you have yourViewport wiht your rendered Model.

regards Horst M.

• 5 months later...