object library

it's that rookie guy again........is there a simple way to view the entire contents of a file in the object library; i.e. o8-drs-french mcd? i am creating them one at a time, viewing them,deleting the object if i don't want it , one at a time, etc., etc., etc.............i would like to be able to view the contents file by file, choose what i want to include in the drawing file and move on. and i'm just training! what's the shortcut i'm not aware of?

thanks, but i appear to be suffering from acute head density..............i am using vw9.5 on a pc running windows 2000 pro.,i am in the process of just inserting objects into a model for practice, not yet building files. so i 1st, open the resource pallet>object library>08-patio doors mcd[ for example]. then scroll down throough the choices,[styles] choose one, insert it because i can't make out much from the thumbnail in the little windows at the bottom of the resourse pallet. if i like it and use it in my drawing it automically goes into the object browser. all welll and good,but..........if it's not to my liking it must be deleted or cut or or or........so here's my riddle; is there a way to view the contents of the files[ the little red pictures of the objects ] without going through the insertion/deletion process. instead i would just be viewing the possible choices, picking the one i want the first time and moving on. i understand that once i begin to create drawing files with prefered objects in them i'll know where to find what i like.............well, there's a long winded expanded version of my question! remember i'm new at this, patience

In the resources pallet open the file you want to view the contents of. Highlight the objects you are intersted in (you can just draw a box highlighting them or you can control+click to select just a few)click the import button on the resources pallet and POOF they show up in the object browser. The downside to this is that your file will contain ALL of the symbols you import, which can quickly lead to a very large file, but you can always click on edit-purge unused objects and get rid of everything that you didn't use.

Hope that helps...

thanks mark, it seems to work a little diferently with 9.5, open the object library folder, choose the window/door/whatever file you want to view, open it and your transported to the program where you can view the entire contents in the browser, and then pick and choose. i'm there! thanks