More window & door problems

shr

Does anyone know why this is happening? I have an object, such as a window, that I delete. Then I want to bring it back, so I undo, but no matter how much I undo, the object does not come back. Even if I close the file and re-open. It has also happened in different files.

I've also had it that objects can just disappear entirely even without deleting. Usually it's just windows. Is this a glitch?

Works for me. I just deleted 5 windows one by one. Five undos and they were all back inserted in the wall as they were before I started.

Note: Undo only works within a file open session and if you close the file you delete that file's undo queue. That is why you can't undo actions from when the file was previously open. No different from other programs in that respect.

Question: What do you have set for the Maximum number of undos on the Session tab of Vectorworks Preferences?

Edited by mike m oz

Have you checked to see if the problem only occurs in that file or if it occurs in all files and in particular in a new file?

If it does occur in other files try resetting Vw's preferences - the button is in the bottom LH corner of the Vectorwork's preferences dialog box.

If the problem is unique to that file try doing a Save As with a new file name so you get a new 'clean' copy of the file.

Which industry version of the program are you using and are you an education user?

It restores everything back to the defaults and is the first action to take if you are experiencing a program wide problem. If that doesn't fix the problem then you may need to delete the User folder or reinstall the program. Only attempt those actions if you know what you are doing.

Have you updated the program to the latest version?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...