Windows 7 & Vectorworks 11.5

Itchy

Question

7 answers to this question

Well to start with VW 11.5 tells me I have the wrong operating system, and need to update to Windows NT, so to get around that I run as Admin & also in compatibility mode back to Windows XP SP3, which got past the wrong OS message, but stops on an error message saying insert the dongle - dongle is already inserted and lights up, but for some reason VW doesn't see it.

I tried the drivers on the CD, and also the drivers of the Aladdin website but unfortunately no luck.

Anyone got any ideas to get the dongle going correctly in Win 7?

Yeah I would agree on that also Jon, but who ever built the computer for them should of inquired as to what software they use, and checked its compatibility with Win 7, or one could argue they should of checked them self, but not everyone is tech savy

I'm looking at the same problem. Do you know if it will work with 11.5 that dosen't use a dongle?

As for the reason I'm useing old software on a new machine, the museum I work for received Google Sketchup Pro for free and can't afford a newer VectorWorks for me :( so sad I know, don't everyone cry at once...

I just want to be able to open some of my old files time to time.

This might have something to do with Windows 7 being 64-bit and the drivers for the hardware dongle may still be 32-bit.

If I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows, do I need 64-bit drivers for my devices?

Yes. All hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows don't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.

Microsoft: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows FAQs

Regards,

Tim