MiniCad 7.x to VectorWorks 9.0.1 convertion

Hello,

Can you help us with the following question. I have convert between 1000 and 2000 MiniCad 7 documents to VectorWorks 9. I know there is a utility called Translator (we have that).

Now my question. Do you know how we can automaticly convert those documents. Also when using Translator we got a lot of type 1 errors. I assigned 5000 MB to Translator itself and 50000 MB to MiniCad 7 (we use our own old copy). The system we are running on is Mac OS 9.2.2 Dutch. Do you have an idea what causes those errors?

I thank you very much in advance and I wish you a very nice day.

Friendly greetings,

Chrissy

Hello Katie,

Thank you again for your help. Indeed I will try to allocate more memory to Translator and VW 7. I have 384 MB on my computer so I will use 60000 MB for VW 7 and 40000 for translator. I think the more documents you try to translate simulatiously, the more RAM memory will be needed.

I will let you know the result.

In the meantime I wish you a very nice day and I appreciate your help very much.

Friendly greetings,

Chrissy

P.S. : Sir Dan Fortesque and StarGate are the same. On my work I am logged in as Sir Dan Fortesque, at home as StarGate. Sir Dan Fortesque is the hero of MediEvil 1 and 2 on the Playstation (my favourite game), StarGate is the movie I most like.

Hello VulcanGrip,

It seems that I am not alone who like StarGate very much. Thanks for mention the DVD edition, I will take a look after it. Regretfully I did not see Super Nova.

Indeed there are a lot of translations to do. But maybe I found another way to translate them. We have also VW 8.5.2 which can read VW 7 files. I think I will try to read them in 8.5.2 and save them. Then I will read those VW 8.5.2 files into VW 9.0.1 where I will save them. I think it will be quicker because I omit one step. I found out that trying to translate more than one file, still gives regular errors.

Thank you very much for your reaction and very much VectorWorks pleasure.

Friendly greetings,

Chrissy smile.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0