line printing issues

dscheckman

Question

Hi, I posted this on the architect forum not realizing there is now a printing/plotter forum. Anyway,

Hi, I'm having trouble with getting drawings to print clearly. Never had an issue before but of late lines, particularly dimension lines are printing very heavy. They look as though the line thickness has been changed to a very heavy line. On the screen they look correct only when I print they are very heavy. It appears all lines are doing this to some extent. I'm using an older hp 1220c printer, mostly with 13 x19 or 11 x17 paper. This is really making for poor looking and unclear drawings. Any help is greatly appreciated.

David

1 answer to this question

Hi David,

I'm not sure why it might have changed but if you are using Sheet Layers and Sheet Layer Viewports there is a setting in the OIP under the Advanced Properties button for Line Weight Scale.

This can be set to a value <1 to reduce the overall line thicknesses.

Otherwise - perhaps you need a new driver for the 1220C

Or you might have Zoom Line Thickness turned off in the Vectorworks>Preferences>Display setting, causing all lines to look uniformly thin when drawing but revert to their true thickness when printing.