Count Function and And Function

Hey all,

Another fun problem. I'm currently creating a cable counter for some looms and cables on a plan that has been given to me.

I've finished the counter and it's looking nice and working well.

I'm now just working on the contingency. We have 3m, 5m, 10m, and 20m leads in this project.

I'm trying to do a =count(perim<3000 & L='Cable Runs') in a worksheet cell, they both return results correctly independently but not together, I believe the syntax is correct but maybe I just need another set of eyes. I'll then put a multiplier and a rounding on that function once it works but at the moment I can't get it to.

Any help appreciated,

J

• 4 years later...

James, i am having an issue trying to get a total count of cable by type and it is broken down into 5 or 6 separate record fields. Looking to gather the info for the whole range, not each record/field.

Everything is within a symbol, with a single record attached, and having cable fields labeled ('Cable'.'b1')+('Cable'.'b2')+('Cable'.'b3')+('Cable'.'b4')+('Cable'.'b5')

I have success with totaling the unique values within each single record/field using the database

=('Cable'.'b1') then pull the 'Sum' over the database, add 1 to the next cell to get the qty

I am wondering if this is the same issue, and if you found a solution within VW

Thanks,

Drew