Edit Symbol + Save = cannot select (inside symbol definition)

I'm thinking this is a bug ... but perhaps someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have a hybrid symbol that contains several human figures. I am in a 3D view, editing the 3D component. If I save the file, the screen looks the same, but I cannot select anything in 3D. If I zoom or pan, the 3D stuff disappears, but the 2D appears. I can select the 2D and edit it, but I really want to still be in 3D.

The only way to get back to the 3D is to exit the symbol and re-edit the 3D.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

michaelk,

The symbol does not contain elements that are in different classes.

I am using the built-in "Human Figure Tool" by activating it from the Tools Set pallete.

None of the 2D elements are on anything but the screen plane.

Benson,

I, like you, get the same naughty behavior (3D edit mode changing to 2D edit mode upon Save) whether I activate the editing mode via double clicking the symbol in the Design Layer, ctrl-click + "Edit" the symbol in the Design Layer, ctrl-click + "Edit 3D Component" the symbol in the Design Layer, ctrl-click + "Edit..." the symbol from the Resource Browser.

Also, the naughty behavior (3D edit mode changing to 2D edit mode upon Save) happens when VW Auto-Saves. That is getting boring.

Edited by Teresa Drake