Copy & Pasting Multiple Layers from different vwx drawing files

Bolshoi

It seems a very simple problem yet cannot find a solution anywhere as of yet, for my general work-flow would love to know how to copy & paste multiple layers from a different vwx drawing file, in a single copy command, without them all ending up on a single layer in the new vwx drawing file..? Any one that could help me out with this greatly appreciated.;)

In the target file, from the Organization dialog, under Design Layer tab, click on "New" button, click on "Import Design Layers" radio button, click on "Choose..." button, select source file, select layers you'd like to copy, check the "Import Layer Objects" checkbox, click OK.

This will bring the layers and their objects into your new file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey that's awesome thanks loads..!:)

On the subject of referencing, works fine for me, except how on earth does one 'freeze' a drawing after it has been issued (left the office) i.e. embed the geometry from from the reference viewport's into the drawing file itself.?

Cheers

B

When you don't want to update any more you can either break the reference, or switch it to manual updating.

Both options are available from the Organization Palette.

To Break the Reference select the reference and choose Delete. It will ask if you want to import the data into the file. Tell it Yes.

To Switch to Manual Updating, click the Edit button and uncheck the Autoupdate out of date reference and check the Save Refereced cache to disk.

Cool thats good to know..

The trouble I am having though is once these references have been brought into the file as viewports, if I now export the file as a dwg for issue it does not create a single dwg but the master file with the viewports as seperate dwg files..

Is there not any way to actually embed the viewports as live geometry thus making a 'flat' as it where drawing with no viewports? I used to do something like this with microstation in a different place so thought vectorworks must have an equivalent..:)

Cheers,

B

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...