More Callout box text mischief

In my previous post on this subject, the text in callout boxes was flipped. This time (same file) SOME of the callout box text is completely missing.Previous fixes ("adjust flipped text" etc ) are not working. I cant reproduce it reliably on new files or old: sometimes it does and sometimes not. Erasing and retyping doesn't work

Any ideas (again) thanksNicholas

OSX.1.2, VW9.5, 550MHz G4 Powerbook, 512Mb

Click on the callout and see if the text size is set to 0 or 1 or a really small number that you probably can't see and then change it to another size.

As a side note- I would upgrade the OS to 10.1.3 to resolve some known problems with the operating system version 10.1.2 - especically with the print preview and print current view problem.

Hi again Katie,The text is 10pt and quite visible on screen, it just doesn't print. Other callouts made at the same time on the same layer and class (left, right, & auto) do.Very comfusing.

I thought about 10.1.3, but there is a lot of unhappiness out there about other things that it breaks rather than improves, and I"m not too keen just yet.

cheers N.

An Update

I needed to get this printed so I tried deleting some of entire callout boxes and re-doing them (rather than just the text part). They, or rather some of them, then printed.I repeated it with the ones that still didn't print and this time some more printed.Finally, by repeatedly deleteing and re-doing the missing ones I got them all to print.Still no pattern or logic to distribution, type, or any other hints.

What is going on here??Epson 1520 printer.Printer drive issues??

confused.gif" border="0

Nicholas

There were alot of printer problems in OS 10.1.2 that had been correct in 10.1.1, they broke in OS 10.1.2 and were fixed in 10.1.3.

It could be related to the 10.1.2 thing, or it could be a larger problem.

I am curious too, how did you get your Epson 1520 to print from OS 10? They do not have OS 10 drivers for that printer and it is unlikely that they will. At least it's not on their projected list of "soon to be available OS 10 drivers"

I have also had some problems with text using a Epson 1520.

Some fonts are "clipped" when printing on the 1520- only about 3/4 of the width of each letter will print. In particular, this occurs with the graphite font.

I think this is a problem with the Epson driver- the same files print well on my HP 488CA plotter.

When taking the files to the G3, are you opening it in a VW application and printing it to the Epson?

If so, what version of VW is on the G3 and what version of Carbon Lib do you have installed?