Arrows on every line

• 4 months later...

we are having this problem right now on VW 2011. All arrows are shown turned off on the attributes pallete (per class defaults). We have checked and re-checked that over and over again. You draw a line and an arrow is automatically added and the attribute pallete immediately grays out the arrow selection to show it is now selected. Then you have to manually turn it off.

I am using VW Architect 2011 and I can fix the problem by immediately pulling down the center arrow for 'make all attributes by class'. That option is not available on the Fundamentals version most of the office is using. This is a serious pain. At least using the architect version to fix the problem in fundamentals is easier than the cut/paste into another file. It seems like a bug to me. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Just an idea, but maybe the internal settings of your document are set to "use arrowheads" but it just isn't showing in the Attribute dialog... Happened to me before in VW2011 (not with arrowheads though).

Try this script and see what it says, when "TRUE", they are indeed turned on.

PROCEDURE GetIt;
VAR
tmpbool : BOOLEAN;
tmpint : LONGINT;
tmpreal : REAL;
bmark, emark : BOOLEAN;
BEGIN
tmpbool:=GetDefaultBeginningMarker(tmpint,tmpint,tmpreal,tmpreal,tmpint,tmpreal,bmark);
tmpbool:=GetDefaultEndMarker(tmpint,tmpint,tmpreal,tmpreal,tmpint,tmpreal,bmark);
Message('Begin marker: ',bmark,', End marker: ',emark);	
END;
RUN(GetIt);

Run this script on a copy of your drawing (not that it wil make any changes to your drawing, but still...)!

• 3 weeks later...

We have had problems with random arrows in files which we have got over by creating new files and copying/pasting the existing information. A definite waste of time but the only thing that seemed to work.

We are now finding odd behaviour in a new file where we are getting random arrows in viewports if the viewport is set to sketch render. Files attached show the issue. Has anyone come across this or have a solution.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

I've started having this happen in one file in Vw2010 and I don't know how to fix it. Additionally in this same file, if I run the 'Make all Attributes By Class' from the Attributes palette, Vw immediately crashes.

I really don't want to have to cut and paste everything to a new file. I ran the script noted above and it comes back 'TRUE'.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tim

• 6 years later...

This started happening for me as well in VW 2017.  Turns out a simple button got clicked or activated by quick key inadvertently.  Deiter was right but ill include a graphic of the attributes pallet that i hope helps.  When in the attributes pallet there are a few buttons that control arrows from either the start of the line or the end of the line.  click these to toggle the arrows. (clouded in red)  To change the style of the arrow, use the drop down buttons to the outside of each of the red clouded buttons mentioned before.  These will switch the style of the arrow at that respective line start or end.  Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.02.43 AM.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just so anyone knows, if you were having the same issue as me, it might not be the arrow heads, its the show direction option to put a red arrow on every line showing the direction of the vector in the drawing. 

If you select one of the lines with the red arrow in the middle of the line, at the bottom of the object info panel is a box that says 'show direction'. Uncheck this. 

• 3 years later...

I have arrowheads showing up at corners of only two landscape areas and the arrowhead attribute is greyed out, so can't unselect that. Used attributes dropdown to select "use default attributes" and the arrowhead just shifted position. Tags are off . I cut and pasted areas into new drawing and the arrows disappear. Suggestions other than cut/paste all to a new file? Drawing almost done and this issue popped up.

Edited by Laurenk
  • 11 months later...

Ah the EVER OCCURRING arrows showing up all over the place.  I have never used a piece of software so prone to such ridiculous errors.  I have a file that has them showing up on all the hardscape objects.  Why on earth can we not set a class arrow style to NONE!!!!!!????????????????????????????  WHY ARE THERE ARROWS ON HARDSCAPE OBJECTS?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...