Open GL Troubles

So, Ive got a weird thing going on with Open GL, and hope someone can help. I'm going to reference two other posts as I wonder if the problem is related. I just didn't find my answer in either of those discussions. I've also talked with tech support and no solution has been found.

The two posts are:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=147857&page=1

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=21909&Number=102225

I'm starting with a very basic 2011 file with a first floor plan (walls, floors, cabinets, a few plug-ins, a few symbols) in a design layer ("D-1st"). I also have a viewport of this plan in another design layer ("D-Model"), which is where I go to look at the model without all the annotations (I do dimension and annotate my plans in the design layer). When I create, say, a left isometric view while the D-1st is active, and Open GL render, it takes painfully long to render. The blues bars cycle through "Geometry" & "Build List", after which the model stays in wireframe until I activate the flyover tool and actually click the mouse to flyover. Then it switches to Open GL, but sometimes even then only after cycling through "Render" & Image" in the progress bar, or I get the spinning wheel. If, however, I go to my D-Model layer and look at the viewport version, left isometric, for example, the Open GL generates quickly as I have been used to.

I exported the file to 2010 and don't have the problem.

I also stripped the file of all plug-ins and symbols. There is a noticeable change in speed, but I still get the cycling and the Open GL render doesn't render immediately.

I made sure my rendering settings/prefs were consistent from 2010 to 2011, and did everything else tech support suggested (e.g. turning off anti-aliasing; getting rid of log-in items).

My iMac and particular graphic card are supposedly adequate for VW's system requirements. As you can see I don't have Renderworks.

Any ideas what else I could do to troubleshoot? I have a suspicion it is graphic card related but how do I test.

Thanks.

Edited by Skia_D

Well, I've done complete machine diagnostics, PRAM reset, checked with Apple (no, my particular card card is not known to have issues?confirmed by a client who knows his Macs and did an independent check), full reinstall of VW2011, so I'm left with a completely unusable product and going back to 2010 until I can find an answer.

So, I upgraded to a product that according to Nemetschek is supposed to work on my machine, but it doesn't. Needless to say I am greatly put out.

Incidentally, and not knowing if this is related, but when I install VW, the VW2011 folder in the >Application Support directory isn't just named "2011"?it has a ".noindex" added after it. I asked tech support about this. They said it just happens sometimes; they don't know why, but don't worry about it.

A little help...? Anyone?... Anyone?...

Edited by Skia_D

I did a couple days ago. Also had calls/email exchanges with them starting last week on other issues as alluded to above. More silence.

Who is "Tech"? I've seen numerous posts from him or her (and I remember Katie from way back). Is it my misunderstanding that they are part of Nemetschek tech support?