None Class as Transparent

WORDS IN () = VECTORWORKS EQUIVALENT

In Autocad, if a Block (symbol) is created on the '0' Layer (Class) and then inserted on a different Layer (Class), say Platform, it would be possible to do the equivalent of Classes "Active Only" and only have the 'Platform' layer (class) on and see it.

The reason for this is that in Autocad, the '0' Layer is Transparent and takes on the attributes of whatever Layer (class) it is placed on.

As the '0' Layer works very similar to the None Class in VW, it would be extremely useful to make the 'None' Class transparent as well.

It is very useful when creating a library of symbols to create them all on the 'None' class, so they are consistent. The problem currently is that as soon as you insert that symbol onto a class other than the 'None' class, 'Active Only' on classes becomes obsolete.

Once again, if the 'None' class could be transparent, then it would fix the problem.

This problem is compounded by the fact that if you insert a Vectorworks Spotlight symbol (a symbol inserted using the Light, Accessory or Light Position button) no matter what class it was created on, it shares the symbol with the 'None' class. I believe this is a Bug, as I could not see a reason for it.

Please let me know if it is possible to make the None class transparent.

I am attempting to set up standards for Vectorworks on a Schoolwide basis at UCI and this problem is extremely detrimental.

Thank you

Lonnie