Wide Flange serial size not available

Decoyman

Hi All,

I'm trying to place an instance of a BSI Universal Beam with a serial size of 254 x 146 x 31 using the wide flange tool. Unfortunately there's something wrong somewhere (see attached screen grab) and it doesn't work. I've tried finding the master list so I can correct it, but with no luck. Any ideas?

Regards

Rob

Rob,

Looks like a bug. I've uncovered a couple of these kinds of omissions/errors in the various structural shapes tools in past few weeks. Please use the "Bug Submit" link on the right to submit this issue and screenshot.

It looks like the size and information is correct in the source database/.txt file. However the plug-in pulldon menu to select the item is incorrect. When the two don't match exactly, then the plug-in can;t find the parameters.

In the mean time, here's what you can do:

1) open the Command "VectorScript Plug-in Editor". This can be found in the Tools menu on the Architect and Fundamentals workspaces;

2) Scroll down the list, toward the bottom, to find "Wide Flange" under the "Plug-in Name";

3) Select "Wide Flange";

4) Click the "Parameters..." button;

5) In the new "Parameters" dialog, you'll see a list of all the parameters in the plug-in. Locate #5, "_size_3". This is the one you want. Select it, the click the Edit... button at the bottom of the dialog;

6) In the new "Edit Parameter" dialog, Click on the "Choices..." button. This will bring up the list that displays in the pulldown menu;

7) Scroll to find the offending size and erase the "000" from the end;

8) Now click all the "OK" buttons to exit from all the dialogs and get back to the drawing. You should be able to select that size now and get the correct results.

• 1 month later...

So now I've installed SP3 and guess what? Yup - the rogue serial size is back! Nice to see you old friend!

You never know - SP3 might be the universal panacea we've all been waiting for, but my experience so far is restricted to a file which opens and then drops into what seems like an infinite loop, rendering and re-rendering without actually drawing the building. I can only stop this by pressing the Esc key. Perhaps this will be cured by saving again - I'm holding my breath....

Can anyone explain the use of submitting a bug with a simple solution only to have that solution deleted by the official patch. Come on Nemetschek - sort yourselves out!!

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I found this solution last month (thank you Jeffrey) and went through all of the plugins to get them all working. Unfortunately, like you Decoyman, I updated to SP3 this morning and all the plugins are broken again. Extremely Frustrating.

Hopefully when SP4 comes out it these will be fixed for good. More likely Nemetschek will issue VW2012 (with broken plugins) and stop supporting VW2011 shortly.