Roofs an Worksheets

I have a worksheet to calculate the sq ft of roofs for a building. The worksheet looks for both roof objects and roof slabs, because the roof is made up of both roof objects and Slabs. I have found that the worksheet then counts roof objects twice - first the area of the roof object, and then counts the roof slabs again.

Jim,

I have done that. What the worksheet is doing is reporting the area of the roof object in total, and also reporting the area for each individual slab that make up that roof object. So, for roof created with the create 'roof object....' command I am getting 2x the area reported on the worksheets. What I ended up doing to make it work (after figuring out what was going on) was unlocking and un-grouping all the roof objects into their individual roof slabs.

Getting a tab bit frustrated with being VW's beta tester.

Tobias, I know what you mean, one thing about the Roof Object I find is I have to convert it to a Roof Face pretty much every time to make a roof that actually works properly. It's a great tool to get a roof started, but If two pitches intersect for example there is often a lot of trial & error afterwards to get it to model properly. I'm guessing every Roof Object becomes a Roof Face in every project- just how we work.