VW9.5 callout box text inversion

Having recently upgraded the box of wires, I had to transfer my files to the new one.I used a crossover cable and networked them, and simply copied the files over. With 9.5 now installed on the new one I've opened the files and SOME of the callout box texts have gone through the Looking Glass.

Some are upside down, some are back to front. It's only the text part; the general orientation and arrow are in the same place as before.I can get the text round the right way by doing a flipor two, but then the arrow is on the wrong side.

Any ideas?????????

OSX 10.1.2, VW9.5.

Nicholas

It sounds like you are seeing "eht" instead of "the". Is that correct? Are you working with any Hebrew or Arabic fonts? If you alter the text slightly does this change the direction the text is drawn? Is any other text drawing backwards or just call out stuff?

You may be able to remedy the problem by going to File>Preferences>VW Preferences - Display Tab and remove the check mark next to Adjust Flipped Text. Of course if this is not check marked, you can check mark it and that may alleviate the problem.

I haven't had time to check other files, but on the current one:....The only things that were flipped were callouts. The text was not spelt backwards, it was flipped backwards. Some was flipped upside down. Deleting the text in the field and retyping, it remained flipped If I used the appropriate Rotate / flip command TWICE the text and box would then be correct. ( Almost all) I tried Katie's suggestion, and checking the "Adjust flipped text " box corrected the rest.

Why did this happen simply copying the file? Is this a bug or just aberent behaviour?

thanksNicholas

On your old system you probably had the adjust flipped text off. On the new one, that preference was turned on from your installation (or vice versa). So when opening the file upon first time on the new system, the file was using the VW preferences set with adjust flipped text set one way or the other.