Line Marker - Please add a (None) in Attributes for marker

jdux

Question

I talked with a tech.

The problem: usiing a 2010 file upped to a 2011 file one of the classes had "markers" set in the edit class dialog box and since there is not a "None" toggle I could not get it to stop drawing arrows!!!!!!!!!!!!

The solution: he said that I had to go to markers and select "custom" and make it "zero's" for angle and etc. This is a very unsatifactory solution please don't create dead ends like this. The reason given was "because ACAD import files can get messed up..........that's a sorry reason to frustrate me and not even give the simple toggle to fix it......All I want is "none"

At a minimum: in the help file give a reason for it and a fix it like listed above.

4 answers to this question

If you are getting arrows every time you create lines, then you probably have your default attribute settings with the marker toggle ON. You really do not need a None choice if you can just toggle the marker at each end OFF or ON.

If you have a lot of lines with the marker on, do a "custom selection" with line and marker style as the criteria. Once selected, toggle the marker(s) OFF in the attributes palette.