3D Modelling

botto

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Pedro

You need to change the Z value of your Loci to match the levels taken on site (in the Object Info palette). You can then use them as source data for a site model. However, I would recommend that you look at the Stake Object tool which you will find in the Site Planning toolset. It is a hybrid tool which will create your 3D Loci as well as creating a 2D plan view of the locus, with the height labelled.

You can also use 3D Polygons representing the contours on the site, again setting their Z values in the Object Info palette.

I am running a course on Site Modelling next week, but I guess the UK is too far for you to travel from Portugal! Good luck with the project.

• 2 months later...

Hi Tamsin I'm new to VW (have attended intro and some 3D work) I'm working on project and have received a survey in .dwg format I need to work up into a 3D model - have traced contours and think I need to transform into 3D polygons in order to run 'create site model' confused.com any help would be v gratefully received :)