Renderworks 2011 versus Renderworks 2010 better or worse?

Matt,

I was wrong. Your posts aren't preachy. They are bordering on sanctimonious.

Do you have any self awareness at all?

Unbelievable. Unintentionally funny though so could be worse.

And you still haven't even bothered to try and answer the question I asked either, since you were talking of rude behaviour, and bill has somehow managed to do it before you trot out yet more cod excuses so it can't be impossible. Any danger of that happening?

Al

Vincent,

Wow that's a lot of typing, swearing and abusing just to say you don't like the new Renderworks Al......perhaps it's possible to get a refund and buy a Lightworks plug-in for 2011? Or perhaps NV will backtrack and go back to Lightworks in the next SP :grin:.

Oops, did I swear? don't think I did. And you could argue that I'm the one getting all the abuse. Not really interested in refunds or plug ins to be honest, too late for that, just more stuff to go wrong. At least Renderworks is part of the main program.

It isn't JUST to say I don't like it Vincent, it's to get other people to have a look too.

Amid all this negativity I keep forgetting that billtheia has ACTUALLY done WHAT I ASKED. Everyone look at his post above.

Thanks again, bill.

Al

Give it a rest Al, being obnoxious won't make your problem go a way.

You're comparing apples and pears and are pissed off because the apples don't taste like pears! You want the 2011 renders to look like the 2010 you'll need to learn how by follow advice and by trial and error etc.

You've been given all the tips in this thread, now do the job. One extra tip, if you want to save time don't migrate 2010 files to 2011 if the renders were setup to satisfaction in 2010.

If your as good an illustrator as you are a winer you'll be up and going in no time.

How many years of practice have you had in the 2010 version and how many in 2011, are you really surprised by the inadequate results?

...a little swearing once in a while revives the senses pity they come out as *****'s......

Edited by Vincent C

It isn't JUST to say I don't like it Vincent, it's to get other people to have a look too.

Well to be honest your reaction was mine exactly when I opened a fine 2010 model in 2011 and tried rendering to best ability, it took me about 2 weeks to get into the new render engine settings and produce similar results as before and in some cases new better ones. The changes unfortunately/fortunately are at all levels, settings, props, textures, bumpmaps etc......

Edited by Vincent C
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This thread will be locked until further notice. You are all entitled to voice your opinions but personal attacks will not be condoned.

1) Don?t register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;

2) Be yourself. Don?t impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is posted;

3) Refrain from restricting or inhibiting any other User from using and enjoying the VW Community Board;

Edited by Tech