EGD Project Setup - Stie & Buildings

Hi all,

I'd appreciated some advice on project setup options and using the Location Planning Module.

The Architect is using AutoCAD Architect and has separate model files for the site plan and each building. I've imported the various files into individual VW files. I don't need to exchange files going forward.

It's about a 5 acre campus with three buildings, all one story. I'll be preparing sign location plans for the site and floor plans, plus detail elevations, and sections, etc. The sheets would need to have different scaled plan views for the site and floor plan location plans.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I merge the VW files into one VW file with a separate Design Layer for Site Plan and Buildings?

2. Would I keep different Design Layers for Each Building or put all on one Design Layer?

3. If I combine buildings and site in one file, what scale should I set the site and building Design Layers? The Sheet Layers would need to be different scales, but the Design Layers need to be the same scale for snapping.

4. Or is it best to create separate VW files for site and Buildings? For context, the site view could be added via a Viewport into the Floor Plan VW file. Site Plan would just have outlines for the buildings.

5. I'm going to try using the Location Planning Module developed for Environmental Graphic Design. Any thoughts, suggestions, experience with this module?

Thanks!