Peter Eichel

Changing wall textures

When changing a wall texture by editing the wall style, why doesn't the texture update on the existing walls? I still have to navigate the drawing and select each wall separately in order to change the siding texture. Its a real pain when clients want to see their "new" home in every color of the rainbow.

Jonathan, I followed your instructions but no go. I discovered that there are two rendering modes, object mode and component mode. The INSERTION OPTION tab in the wall edit window must have the component option checked in order for each wall component to render it's assigned texture. The render mode option is also available in the OIP.

The replace texture option you mentioned makes no difference as far as I can tell. The walls in VW's and their options have become complicated to say the least.

I'm having a similar issue, wall texture set to component,

window symbol set to return exterior texture (1 component), shows correctly in plan,

but not in 3d rendering...   unless the wall is set to render the exterior texture.

is there a way to have the component return render with the component texture?

vw window.jpg