Custom Title Block

I hav just created a custom title block. I would like to change the Revision and Issue notes so that the entries are chronologicaly descending as I make entries. I have changed the postion in the title block but some of the old attributes such as ascending and location remain the same. Any suggestions as to how to change the functionality from ascending to descending for revsions and issue notes within the title block?

Thanks.

Hi there,

To be honest, I am currently working on the custom title block thingy for my firm and am also learning as I go along . If I understand your query; you wish to have Revisions and Issue notes in a descending order as follows:

Rev A - 15th Feb 2011

Rev B - 16th Feb 2011

Rev C - 17th Feb 2011

and so forth

From what i know (although I have yet to try it), this is controlled by the vertical justification of your text string for the particular revision/issue data. Although the Left, Centre, and Right justification can be set to anything, in order to achieve what you wish, Justify each of the revision/issue strings (in your symbol) to TOP (as opposed to centre or bottom). This SHOULD then allow each new revision/issue to automatically appear below the previous one i.e. B below A etc. In the same way, if you set it to BOTTOM you would get something like this:

Rev C - 17th Feb 2011

Rev B - 16th Feb 2011

Rev A - 15th Feb 2011

...which is actually the way we do it in the office, and I plan to test this and complete my title block tomorrow morning.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if it does/doesn't!

• 8 months later...