Help! No text shows up!

Tara

I am not the architect in this equation, just the printer, so I have no idea how to use this program. We received a VW file (we have VW 9.01) that has text and every time i try to print it to our HP1055, the text does not show up. It is also not printing the whole page (i.e. the page is 35x90 and I set the page to 36x96 but it will spit out some paper and then start printing at halfway through the page).

HELP!!! I need to get this done in a timely manner and I can't find help in the help sections or anywhere on these boards.

Thanks! shocked.gif" border="0

Tara,

Are you printing from a Mac or from a Windows computer? If you are using Windows, try using the PostScript drivers for this printer as it may have different results.

Likewise, if you already are using the Postscript driver, try using the hpgl/2 driver to print.

Have you selected "One Page" in the set print area command? This will set the bounding box on the page to accurately describe what will print (assuming the paper is selected correctly in the print/page setup command)

If all else fails, try printing this to a different device and see what the results are.

Also, if you want to email the file to tech@nemetschek.net, we may be able to reproduce the problem here and find a solution.

Matthew GiampapaTechnical Support

Thank you for the information, Matthew. I've tried 2 different devices (HP 1055 &HP2500) with different drivers (post script and the HP driver). I've also set the print area to the correct size and the 'one page' option. I was able to get it to print the whole page when I selected "Current View" but it was too small because there was other stuff to the side of the page. I have e-mailed the file to the address that you gave me. Hopefully they will encounter the same problem and be able to talk me through it. I also didn't mention in my last message that the trees aren't showing up either. I noticed that the tree layer was on invisible, but when I make it visible, random trees pop up where they don't belong.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing from a tech representative regarding my problem.

Thanks,

Tara