Show upper cabinets with dash line

I'm using the 3D objects for base and upper cabinets. Looking for some suggestions to show the upper cabinets as a dashed line in the floor plan view.

I thought assigning them to a class with a dashed line would work, but it remains solid.

I have several manuals and tutorials, if this is covered somewhere, please give a hint. I'm using VW Architect 2011 with Renderworks.

Thanks!

I've found it pretty quick and easy to just have some "2D only" classes that are on in top plan view and off in a 3D view. Some elements that you create for a 3D model or elevation just don't look graphically correct, clear or even necessary in a plan view.

Since there are so many class options for some of these symbols or plug-in-objects, I find it easier to just place them in a class that I will turn off for the floor plan view and just quickly knock out a few lines or polygons in a 2D only class to clearly represent them in a plan view only.