Worksheet disappear

Tobias

Question

I find it annoying that worksheets (that are open, not placed on a sheet or layer) disappear when you click away from the VW Application. The palettes do the same. I think it would be helpful if this behavior could be user defined. I find that there are a lot of times that I am wanting to look at an open worksheet and have focus on another app at the same time.

I know that I can place the worksheet on a sheet layer and have it remain visible, but then I need to go through extra steps to manipulate the data in the worksheet.

3 answers to this question

Dunno if this may work for you but it does for me

Often I will have the same WS on a Sheet Layer and that same WS on a Design Layer containing the data I am sourcing

Others may chime in and correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is it is ok to have multiple instances of the same WS in different locations

This is true, and I do do that, but I often find that it is preferable to have the worksheet in open, edit mode. This way I can easily correct it, highlight the columns or rows I am looking at, ect.

Another option would be to export it to a different application (ie excel) but then I would need to be sure the data remains up-to-date, and would need to reformat, etc.