Graphical Scripting in Vectorworks

Guest Mark Flamer

This is a project I'm working on. Yes, very similar to Grasshopper for Rhino. The Idea is to provide the power and flexibility of VectorScript to the many users who don't have the time or interest in learning it. I'm trying to get an idea if this is something people would find usefull. I will post more video's and information soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mark,

GS is causing quite excitement. In the past I was looking at a tool, GEM, by paracloud, to do the same kinds of things.

http://paraclouding.com/GEM/

But, the interoperability was limited to DXF and I found the GEM interface a bit obtuse, at least considering I haven't had that much time to really dig in and play/test.

Keep it up. I look forward to the end product. Just don't forget the IFC node ;-).

Guest Mark Flamer

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Beginning the transition to the SDK has been by no means a trivial exercise, But with some excellent help from Vlado I'm starting to make some solid progress. This transition is going to set me back a bit but will be well worth it in the long run.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...