Vector Handle Selection

Thom

Question

I would like to be able to "activate" any vector along a polyline. Often I will have a polyline with 200 vectors with the one to be modified in the middle. One then needs to "click" all the way to the vector to be modified. By "modified" I mean changing from a 'corner' to an 'arc', etc.

10 answers to this question

Thom, As Michael suggests the Reshape Tool covers a multitude of sins, but surely, if you know which point/vector you need to modify, just draw a marquee around the point/points you intend to modify, then only that/those points can be changed.

Saves clicking the arrow in the OIP till you reach the one you are after.

In VW 2010

The technique works for vertices in both 2d and 3d objects. But the 3d Reshape Tool does not offer the drag marquee option. Use the 2d Reshape Tool- even in views other than Top/Plan. Selected vertices can be moved with the cursor. They stay parallel to the screen plane. OIP numeric control works for marquee selection of a single vertex (use Vertex Only mode in the OIP). If a group of vertices is selected via drag marquee, then changes in values in OIP numeric fields apply to only one vertex in the group.

-B

-B, i got all of that, but i wasn't aware that Thom was referring to the 3D Reshape tool. . . . . .

This being the case, yep, it's a real pain.

Besides, WHY can't we use a marquee to select more than one point when using the 3D Reshape Tool? What prevents NV from allowing this aspect in the function of this tool?

It really is a serious detraction from the usability of the 3D Reshape(amoungst others).

Why can't it work in exactly the same way and every aspect as the 2D tool?