Destroy List

Guest Mark Flamer

I also had a file recently that started to do this. I submitted the file to NV and am waiting for a reply. In my case the program would freeze for like a half an hour. I think it is related to the openGL system. I managed to finish the project by not using openGL. Now I work in constant fear that this is going to creep-up again. Overall I feel that VW does not like my graphics card (Nvidia Quadro FX3600M). It's a shame because I paid a huge premium a couple of years ago for this "Workstation Class" card. I will never do that again.

Edited by Mark Flamer

This happened to me as well, a short time ago. The file is also still with VW though I have not heard back.

Simultaneously I found that when I saved in plan view, the cursor would pick up objects as if they were in fly-over. I had to Ctl-5 (Windows) each time, which them pushed my view out of the screen.

At first it appeared to be various plug in objects or symbols (cabinets, sinks) but I finally copied/pasted my entire plan (walls and doors) chunk by chunk to a new layer, then deleted the old one. This appeared to have rectified things, though I still get the saving issue above now and then. I had a fairly complicated alternate plan layer structure, but who knows.

This was with a new template as well, new file.

Subsequently, I have started another project where I do not have this problem at all. Ghosts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen the same problem. I also sent the file.

I may have narrowed it down to a text related issues in symbols, but not really sure. I hid the text objects and open GL seemed to work ok??? Still waiting for an answer from tech. It was a file converted from 2010. It is frustrating to worry about viewing an open render.

Jeff Miller

VW2011 SP2

Windows 7 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

This sure is frustrating, eh? When I'm in Open GL, and I want to switch back to plan view, that's when I get the 'Destroy List' hang-up. I've had to force shut down many times now, and it's starting to really interrupt my workflow.

One thing that seems to help, is before I use my CTRL+5 shortcut to go back to plan view, I SAVE, click on the selection tool (X), take a deep breath, and then go for it. Seems to shorten the time down to 6-10 seconds instead of minutes. Might have something to do with first going to the selection tool (from the fly-around tool). I don't know. It's a mystery. Not all of my files are doing this, but once it starts on a file, it seems to stay. Will try to think of what changes just before it starts...

I think that text set to be on 'layer plane' might be the culprit (or one of them)

I'm having a lot of these problems too and finally did a test:

- with geometry only in a drawing, open gl was fine.

- added some text set on the 'screen plane' and no problems.

- changed the text to 'layer plane' and suddenly it did the whole build list... render... freeze-up. Then when it stopped and I switched back to top/plan view I got the "destroy list" message.

I also had a file recently that started to do this. I submitted the file to NV and am waiting for a reply. In my case the program would freeze for like a half an hour. I think it is related to the openGL system. I managed to finish the project by not using openGL. Now I work in constant fear that this is going to creep-up again. Overall I feel that VW does not like my graphics card (Nvidia Quadro FX3600M). It's a shame because I paid a huge premium a couple of years ago for this "Workstation Class" card. I will never do that again.

I also think so.

watch movies online for free

Edited by Lisa Diane
  • 2 weeks later...

In my situation the rendering engine renders like a champ. It uses all of the power of my processor. I7-950 4 core with 4 hyper thread. All 8 cores ramp up and it turns out Final quality in a fraction of the time. However it is like a one shot deal. Going back to wire frame takes an eternity. To get through my project last night I had to make adjustments in wireframe, Save, Render, Force Close, reopen the file, and repeat the process until I got what I needed.

This sure is frustrating, eh? When I'm in Open GL, and I want to switch back to plan view, that's when I get the 'Destroy List' hang-up. I've had to force shut down many times now, and it's starting to really interrupt my workflow.

Me too, it's useless to work in 2011 with all these bugs.