Wood Chip - Playground Surfacing Hatch? Any Examples/Ideas?

Hi guys!

1.) Does anyone have any ready made Vectorworks hatches that i could use to represent rubber bark or wood chip? - (Like Shown Below):

2.) Also - i have corelDRAW and can create vector patterns... if i could export them as a dwg/illustrator file type-- is there a way to insert them into the Vectorworks Resource Hatch Panel?

web%20sb%20colour%20updated.jpg

Thanks

Chris W

Pentagon Sport Ltd

Hi guys -

appreciate your time and thoughts to answer this.

The rubber chip / bark photo shown is what i am trying to represent in a 2d Vector style plan using a "hatch" that replicates a sort of mish mash chip style hatch.

I know you can map and use photo textures but i am looking to keep the plan style the same in a vector style and not use an actual photo--

so for example i used the following hatch in my current 2d Trim Trail layout presentation: *Crushed Stone Course* which was kindly posted in Vector Depot website!

I can try and sit there making a new hatch in vectorworks- it would just be VERY handy if there was one already or a way of importing or creating a hatch I can insert into the Resource Panel eg: Adobe illustrator .pat ???

I hope you have caught my thoughts- lol -

Cheers guys!!

Chris W

Pentagon Sport Ltd

Design Manager

Chris

Have you tried importing the image file of woodchips and then using the Trace Bitmap command. This picks up the outlines and will create what is essentially a hatch. Test the various settings for best results. Select the image, use the command, then drag the original image aside. Then create a texture from the result.