VW beginer question

I've just started using VW and I have basic 2D fillet tool question.

I have drawn a rectangle and I'm trying to fillet one of the corners. I want the arc to run from the top left corner to the bottom left corner, but when I drag one edge to the other I get the arch going the wrong way.

Help!

This is very simple, but as I've just started its driving me nuts!!

It sounds like you want your fillet to sweep 180? whereas the tool will only produce 90? arcs.

You need to fillet from top edge to left edge 90??then from left edge to bottom edge 90? with the fillet radius being 1/2 the height of your rectangle which must be < its width.

You can also use the 2D Reshape tool.

First convert the Rectangle to a Polygon, under menu Modify->Convert->Convert to Polygons.

Then select the 2D Reshape tool and use the second mode in the first group and the last mode in the second group. That's the Change Vertex Mode and the Fillet (Circular Arc) Point Mode, respectively.

Set the radius to 0 with the Fillet Preferences... (last tool mode icon on the right).

Now, click on the corners you what rounded. By setting the radius to 0, you will automatically get the largest radius possible for that corner. No math required.

Raymond