Section Marker Disappeared

shr

I've created some section viewports and set up the markers. Now they have either disappeared, or the text has or the marker has. I created them in top/plan.

It has nothing to do with Section Line Instances, I have turned all these on.

I have turned on all classes & layers and still nothing.

any suggestions would be great

Edited by shr

If you try selecting everything on the plan... can you see an outline of them? ie if you remember where you made them, draw a selection box round that area to see if they are there, but just perhaps have no line colour associated with them?

Ive noticed recently that when you draw section lines they dont have any line weight or colour to them and you have to manually give them a colour and line thickeness in the attributes?

just a thought...?

Thanks, but still a problem.

I've changed the attributes before, when it let me (sometime it won't let me change things). Only some of the marker shows up, text is missing on some, on another there is text but no marker. they have the same attributes with a pen thickness and solid fill.

Robert,

I've also found a related scenario. When using the Section Marker Tool (not the linked viewport, but the manual version), if the marker symbol is set to another arrow style after it is created, all arrows disappear (never to return).

Do you need a file for this, or are you already aware of the situation?

The attributes of some of my section lines often disappear i.e. they lose their fill, line thickness etc.

Invoking the "Make All Attributes By Class" command at the bottom of the Attributes palette.... restores them (albeit usually temporarily).

This has been going on for a number of versions, so it's annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

mivc, this doesn't work for me, but I've found that if I copy and paste all attributes from a section line that is all visible it comes up. But for some reason the section line attributes & instances keep changing, which is annoying to keep changing back. Maybe it's something to do with changing the section viewport settings, but why would it change the instances?