Johnny"c"

Extract or Convert Hatch

Could one of you experts please tell me if/how to "extract" a hatch fill so that the lines in the hatch are no longer just a hatch fill, but editable etc..?

Thanks for your help guys!

JP

I am VW 2011 in OSX 27" IMac i7 8 gig ram

If you hatch manually using the Hatch command on the Modify menu you will get a group of lines. Note that hatching of this type will not be associative.

Perhaps you would be better of creating a duplicate of the hatch definition and editing it to change its line thickness, colour, dash factor and spacing.

Well, I am trying to extract the view my hatch fill so that I can then have lines to edit individually. I hope I am explaining it well enough...

JP

I don't think there is an easy way to get just the "Hatch" part of an object that has already been "associatively" hatched.

Mike's right about being able to create a non-associative hatch using the Hatch menu command.

That is probably your best bet.