importing files from illustrator 10 into VW9

Illustrator 10 has the ability to export files as DXF and DWG and EPS. When I export files as DXF or DWG, after completing the import to VW 9, nothing (no objects) shows up on the layer. When I import the EPS into VW9, I get a bitmapped image, not a vector based object. I would like to be able to create things in Illustrator and then use them in VW9.

I exported DXF from illustrator 9 and opened in VW without any problems.

If you are on a PC, you might check the DXF file by looking at it in a free viewer like VoloView to make sure there really is something there. You can also email the DXF file in question to me to take a look at.

• 1 month later...

I think that your problem may be that VectorWorks handles the EPS as a bitmap file. I have noticed the same thing when I bring in eps files. What we see in VectorWorks is the Preview image. (PICT on Mac and some other file type on PC) It is not the true vector file that is shown. Quark Express deals with EPS the same way. The EPS information is used to print from and the preview graphic is used for on monitor display.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as Ranger - it appears as though VW 9.5 is going through the importing process, and there are new layers and classes in the document, but nothing is visible or selectable. I've tried outlined text created in A.I.9, as well as logos saved in A.I.9 as outlines, exported to DWG and also DXF, and got zilch. I'd love to know how jodawi got favorable results. Thanks to anyone who can shed light.