Light Info Record

nakedeye

I've drawn up several lights in 2d, converted them to symbols and converted them to lighting instruments. Can anyone tell me how to attach a lighting info record to these so when i use them it has the name and wattage of the instrument in the object info pallet. at the moment i have the information in the original drawing but when i add it to my resource browser it doesn't show the instrument name or any of the other info i added.

thanks

To add the Light Info record to your symbols, first edit the symbol, in your case the 2D version, but the 3D version would work as well. Make sure you don't have any objects selected, and select the Light Info checkbox in Object Info. This will attach the record to the symbol definition, rather than an object within the symbol.

Any new Lighting Devices will now get their type, wattage, weight, frame size, and photometric data from Light Info. Existing LDevs will not be updated, though you can edit the object and click the Get Data from Symbol button.

-Josh