Moving between Design Layer and Sheet Layers

Hoping someone can help.

When I toggle between design layers and sheet layers I'm finding that the sheet layer border is not immediately visible and I have to do a 'fit to page area' command to get it visible on my screen.

Is there a setting I can activate that allows me to have the selected sheet immediately visible.

Also going from sheet layers to design layers is there a way to ensure you return to the same design layer view you had prior to going into the sheet layer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How are you toggling?

If you can start your toggle from the SLVP, you can get the first part:

Set the VP view to Fit to Page.

Dbl click the VP to enter its edit dialog box.

Click the Design Layer button and pick your target layer from the pull down.

Checkmark the Navigate Back to Viewport box.

Click OK.

Your view will change to the chosen DL. Navigate and edit as needed. When ready click the Return to the Viewport box in upper right. No matter what view you exit the DL, your VP will display as Fit to Page (or same view you started the edit).

HTH

-B

Dang! I hate it when I'm looking at a screen shot of a dialog box and then click on the image of the OK button to close the dialog and get back to the forum!

There may be some potential with the Saved View function. But that's precarious because new or renamed or edited classes and layers may get excluded from the saved view, depending on settings. And there may be no time saving - searching a long saved view list may be more time consuming than just navigating in the layers.

-B