Help! Edit Texture Mapping Bombs Mac!

I have been experiencing problems with texture mapping of late. I thought it was the file I was working on so I created a new file with only one new object. Created a new texture and applied it to the 3d polygon. Then I click on texture mapping and @#$%$#@#$% VectorWorks craps out with a type 1 or 3 error. Vector works fine until I try to edit the object mapping or render an object. I have also tried the same experiment with and extruded rectangle with the same result.

I am running system 9.1 powermac 9500 with Newer MaxPower 400 upgrade, 512 built in ram.I am running Vector Works 9.5 update downloaded from NEMETSCHEK site.Vectorworks has 300 megs allocated. I have tried less or more with no effect.

System was working fine. The only system modification I have made are:1. The addition of Quick time 5.05 from apples web site (recommended) version.2. Carbon 1.5

Is this a problem with VectorWorks, RenderWorks, QuickTime, or Carbon 1.5???Any one else have the same problem.Bob Tiedemann mad.gif" border="0

No and no! I fixed it my self yesterday. Yes I reinstalled quicktime first and I even went back to an eailer version that came with Vectorworks 9. Didn't fix the problem. I did a clean install of the system then put the extension back in groups. This didn't fix the problem, but I noticed Apple ATI drivers that were not part of the new ATI set. It was the new ATI drivers that I just downloaded conflicting with the older apple ATI drivers that were not removed by the Installer/Un-Installer software. The answer is if you install the new ATI software, go into the system and extract all the ATI software first then install the new drivers. Live and Learn.

Bob Tiedemann (I want the 6 hours back.) smile.gif" border="0

The error messages you are receiving are System Errors spit out by the MAC OS.

A type 1 error is iether a control panel or extension conflict or insufficient memory allocated to the program.

A type 3 error is similar however it is more towards the Internet Config extension either missing, outdated or corrupt.

First, check your memory allocation. Then check the Internet Config Extension. You can get an update to the internet config extension at the apple.com website.

Once you have checked the memory allocation settings and updated the Internet Config Extension and are still having problems, try booting with base extensions + video card (requrired to be on for rendering). If the rendering works, you know there is a conflict with a driver/extension somewhere. If the rendering doesn't work, chances are the video driver is the guilty culprit and you will need to update that.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]