Stair section

Assemblage

Section VP through a simple concrete stair generates this confused state with the fill. Settings are 'Separate cross sections' and 'Use attributes of orig objects'.

With smoothing angle at 10deg the round balustrade uprights are also still full of lines (appearing almost black printed).

Any thoughts appreciated - thanks

Petri,

Bug Submit is NOT totally useless. In fact, it has gotten better over the last couple years because our IT infrastructure has gotten significantly better. We fix more bugs now per release and service pack, than we have in any previous release cycles.

Granted things are perfect, nor as good as I would like to see them, personally. But, feedback is always important, even when I may do a less than professional job responding to it.

jeffrey

the fact NV is now "fixing more bugs per release"

would have to be viewed against how many bugs there

actually are per release to have any value...

you might have fixed 10 bugs last year + 20 bugs this

year, but if there are 1000 unfixed bugs it's not much

to crow about...

i'm trying to screw up the courage to make the jump

from 12.5 to 2011 in the new year, but there is so

much gloom + moaning about 2011 that it's difficult

to justify rationally...

are there any delighted or even happy 2011 users,

not connected to NV or any sellers or trainers?

I have recently submitted several bugs for VW 2011. The followup, from NVW tech staff, has been very quick, attentive, and thorough.

I have been using VW 2011 Architect w/ Renderworks since it was available. I have been working around a few notable bugs but these annoyances (which are truly annoying and which I do not excuse) are small compared to the value of the improvements in 2011.

Well, I hope it has. But just recently I contacted one of NemV's software engineers directly regarding a submitted bug and was asked what the bug number is. How woud I know when - unlike in some other bug reportting systems - there is no reply?

Neither can I check whether any of those I have reported have actually been fixed, now that SPs have this list of fixes.

The other vendors, I presume, have an automated response system using these things called "computers", and one gets a bug number as a matter of minutes.

We need a WikiLeaks for NV bug tracker.

Bugsubmit actually discourages bug-submissions by it's longwinded form-filling requirement, why for instance do you have to list your software, version, serial # name, etc. etc. etc. Once you enter the serial # then everything should be available on the NV database anyway. Granted knowing the machine etc could be useful but the laborious process is akin to completing a thesis to buy a parking ticket.

Simple - would be Bugsubmit directly in VW, with the relevant data automatically pulled and the last 10 steps auto-completed such as Apple do with their bugsubmit. One click done. On with the job.

Simple - would be a minimal Bugsubmit in the NV website with the serial # (6 digits) autofilled and a place to paste a screenshot & write a couple of lines.

Also a "thank you for taking the time to submit this suspected bug. An engineer will contact you within x days to follow up with more information or you will receive an auto-response that the submission has been either accepted and will be resolved or has been rejected as not a valid bug" would be nice

Also - it would be nice to know "this is a bug previously identified by x users and is in line for resolution"