Aligning Items to be Perpendicular to a Arc

MattG

I am working on a stage lighting project, but the problem I am finding is something that I am sure other people in other industries experience.

The thing to do in stage lighting design is to have curved trusses with all sorts of lights on them. What I have found is the easiest way for me to be sure they are properly aligned is draw my curved truss and then draw a arc that is aligned to the pipe that I want to hang from so in my current example I have a 49'-10" Diameter Arc that is a total of a 30degree sweep. However I have lets say 6 lights evenly distributed on there. My current method is to take that 30deg and divide by 7 which I just do in the oip of the arc because it ends up being a crazy number. I then duplicate that and divide that in half and align the first one and then double the original arc and align a light to the position that the arc ends and they are all evenly distributed. I'm good right.

Now the problem I want all my lights to appear to be perpendicular to the arc that I aligned them to. Does anyone have a good way to do this? Does this make sense?

The lights want to rotate at a comparable angle to the arc as the arc goes along. Can anyone tell me what type of math I would need to do to determine this?

Matt