Black White Fill not inverting when swapping to "Black Background"

mjm

Title says it all:

when I have a white fill and swap to black background or vice versa in VW 2011 SP2 the fills do not swap as has been the norm in every other version of VW I have used. True of symbols and 2d primitives so far.

Thoughts?

TIA,

Michael,

MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Michael, I'm not seeing that:

- Is your file a converted file or a new file?

- Have you checked that it is a true white fill rather than one of the very light shades of grey from the Standard Vectorworks Colors palette?

- Have you verified and then repaired permissions?

- Have you tried resetting Vectorwork Preferences?

Hey there Mike - thx for the quick response.The file in question originally was a converted V12.5 file. I then opened a new file in 2011 and drew a rect and filled it from the classic palette with black (second from left top row in the default config). same result. Am repairing permissions even now. I'll test on a new blank file after that.

Hmm: still seems wrong: When I create a rect in a new blank file as described in original post, or employ a symbol from the default ETC folder in OBJ-Entertainment, the fills do not swap when I switch backgrounds in the VW 2011 pref window. I have attached two screenshots showing the test. I started with white background, then swapped to black background.

Notice that my imported homemade symbol behaves as I expect it to!

By resetting VW preferences d'you mean I should locate said file and trash it and let VW rebuild it?

Thx again...

Michael, I'm not seeing that:

- Is your file a converted file or a new file?

- Have you checked that it is a true white fill rather than one of the very light shades of grey from the Standard Vectorworks Colors palette?

- Have you verified and then repaired permissions?

- Have you tried resetting Vectorwork Preferences?

Edited by mjm